If you have lost a tooth or set of teeth, the bone in the area can start to shrink and affect the way your face looks. Dental implants are an attractive tooth replacement option for patients who have lost a single tooth or several teeth, and are designed to look and function just like your natural teeth.
We often recommend dental implants to patients who are looking for a cost-effective and permanent tooth replacement option.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are small titanium screws that are placed into either the upper jaw or lower jaw where a tooth has been lost. After placement, the screw fuses to the natural bone to create a very stable foundation for a new tooth. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. We also use implants as an anchor for full and partial dentures with our implant-supported dentures treatments.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Benefits of dental implants include:
- Permanent tooth replacement option
- Reduces the risk of further bone loss after losing a tooth
- Helps to maintain facial structure and appearance
- Look and feel just like natural teeth
- Can be used as an anchor for full or partial dentures
Part of the dental services that we provide is the dental implant. Undergoing this type of procedure can provide you several advantages which include the following:
- Provides Comfort – Since dental implants are attached permanently, you can be at ease that there will be no more discomfort compared to using removable dentures.
- Gives Convenience while Eating – Unlike dentures, implants do not make chewing difficult. These implants can perform the same function as that of your natural teeth. This will allow you to eat anything you want without the feeling of pain.
- Improves Appearance of the Teeth – Dental implants are made to have the same function, feeling and appearance with your natural teeth. With the implants being fused to the bone, this provides a better durability, making it as permanent teeth.
- Improves Oral Health – Having a dental implant doesn’t require removal of other teeth just like in other dental procedures. In this procedure, the nearby teeth serve as a support for the implant. Most of your teeth will be left intact which in result provides you a long term oral health.
- Improves speech – With the dental implants available, these can give much convenience than dentures that sometimes have poor fitting that can result to problems with your speech. By undergoing this procedure, you can be assured that it will allow you to speak naturally without worrying of slipping teeth.
- Durability – The implants are made to be strong that can last for years if properly maintained.
Implants Before and After Images
(click to enlarge image)
Call Avenue Dental Care for more information about dental implants and tooth replacement procedures.