If you experience anxiety or undue fear when a visit to the dentist is impending, you can talk to the staff of Avenue Dental Group about our sedation dentistry services. We provide IV sedation and oral sedation services to assist our patients with feeling more relaxed during their visit. With conscious oral sedation, a small pill is taken. IV sedation involves the direct IV with a drug placed into the vein which allows the patient to enter into a deeply relaxed state.
Who is a candidate for sedation dentistry?
You might be a good candidate for sedation dentistry if you experience:
- Anxiety and fear about your dental treatments
- Had a past traumatic experience at the dentist
- Anxiety and fear about the dental visit
- Fear of the smell, noise, and tastes from dental offices
- Sensitive teeth that are easily hurt by extreme temperatures
- Difficulty with experiencing numbness in gums
- Severe gag reflex after administering drugs
Sedation Dentistry Facts
- Can be administered in a pill or IV
- Safe and effective
- Faster treatment times due to enhanced patient experience
- Much easier to get numbed once the patient is relaxed
- Office visit feels faster to the patient
Conscious Oral Sedation
Conscious oral sedation occurs when the patient takes a small pill orally. This is a very safe and effective way of reducing the stress and fear that is associated with dental visits. A deep state of calm and relaxation is achieved with this method.
IV Sedation is administered intravenously through a drug that goes to the vein. This is a very safe and reliable way to attain a calm and relaxed state. The majority of patients who choose this option experience a temporary state of amnesia through IV sedation. The drugs result in a partial or complete memory loss with minimal recall of the actual treatment. In addition, time seems to pass very quickly with this treatment option.
Call Avenue Dental Care for more information about sedation dentistry.